waiting part-3


Adventure that it has been, its been hard though, i blame it on my studies, my first week of death is almost over and soon i will be starting my second week of death as i go into another week of projects due. Death. My sleeping habits have reverted back to high school years when i slept in the day mostly and was up all night and slept in shifts when and where i could mostly english class. This has finally reverted back again, as i am up all night doing homework, reading, watching cartoons, eating cookies, and pondering life, truth and hope. and i sleep between classes the next day. oh darn.

Its been good though, in my doctrine class which i am doing rather well in if i say so myself, we rabbit trailed to worshiping God, and threw all our answers and we came quickly to the decision that we worship God because he is truly God. Because God is who he is. Recently i have kept a running conversation in my mind about entertainment and the church, and how we are combining the two without even realizing it. At the moment i can't worship to a band on Sunday mourning, its no longer enabling my thoughts to give thanks to God for who he is! The entertainment factor of band worship, is a big blob distorting peoples lifestyles of worship.

I don't want to rant, about it but i think its worth a thought to look at the way you personally worship God! and the reasons why you worship the way you do!

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Snafu said...

First, I would like to say, I think that picture is really ridiculously nice, can you say wow. you can even see the light bubbles. And every nice crisp edge of the tree. Secondly, it sucks about your sleeping 'ness'. Lastly, I every much agree with the entertainment and church colliding and how the entertainment is over taking the good God stuff. The Singing of worship is a beaten battle, however, I have been thinking about what I could do, or even better yet, what God can do through me to bring worship back to the church (people). The only thing I can think of right now is letting people know what worship is and why we do it. When I first started going to church I didn't know why everyone would sing. I didn't understand.