Invisible lists

As i have continued to ponder during the last few weeks even months since my child is born, I have realized that i have preconcieved lists in my brain that I do things by. For example; When my little girl is crying and Michelle isn't home i try certian things to comfort her, after 5 or 6 times i noticed i did things in order as well. Check the diaper, food, gas, cramps, bounce, then the bounce with a tap on the bum, and then if all else fails gripe water. This list is not written down or is set in place, it just kinda happened.

As i pondered my relationship with God I starred into an labrynth of the 'lists' of how i deal with life and God. This isn't a bad thing but it can be, let me explain. If my relationship with God is kinda getting rough and rely on the invisible list to help me and revive my heart. Before i go on writing and bumbling here I need to stop and ask you, does any one else try to fix there relationship with God with things that have worked for them before?

This may be might best explanation of what is in my brain and trying to convey. The bad part of this is if we jump to a conclusion that we must pray more and that will fix the problem, we might have jumped. If my daughter and I are having a rought time through the evening while michelle is gone and I precieve that she is hungry and really she is teething and needs some grip water or something of that nature. We are putting are human nature, or human desire to fix the situation in the way of God and you working through the situation together.

I think that as we release some of these ideas that we have built up in the way we can really focus on seeing what God is really showing to us.

Does this make any sense or is this baby babble?

No comments: